LUTZ, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's golf team opened the 2018-19 season with a fourth-place showing at The Griffin Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 4th, 897 strokes, +45 (299-304-294)
Team Champion: Saint Leo University, 885 strokes (+33)
Location: The Players Club of Tampa Bay | Lutz, Fla.
Host: Saint Leo University
Total Rounds: 3
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
- Nate Kosarich | 3rd overall, 217 (+4)
- Robert Montagnino | 14th overall, 223 (+10)
- Jacques Celestino | 23rd overall, 229 (+16)
- Gray Barnes | 27th overall, 230 (+17)
- Spencer Olson | 47th overall, 243 (+30)
- Kosarich finished as the top UT golfer for the second time in his career.
- The top individual round for the Spartans was a 72 by Kosarich (2), R. Montagnino and Celestino.
- Kosarich had the lowest score among Spartans in each of the three rounds.
- Head coach Rick Christie registered three individuals, including Unai Beitia (16th, 224), Steve Cacchio (27th, 230) and Patrick Montagnino (31st, 232).
- A total of nine teams competed.
- Nova Southeastern's Juan Jose Guerra was the top individual golfer with a three-round score of 212 (-1).
- Joining Tampa and host Saint Leo from the Sunshine State Conference were Nova Southeastern (2nd), Palm Beach Atlantic (6th) and Eckerd (9th).
Tampa continues its fall season on October 1-2 at the South Carolina-Beaufort Invite, which will be played at Innisbrook Golf Course in Palm Harbor, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.