TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 3 University of Tampa Spartans deafeat North Greenville Crusaders by a score of 15-5.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa Spartans 15, North Greenville Crusaders 5
Records: Tampa (5-0), North Greenville (3-2)
Location: Naimoli Family Field l Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: The Spartans and Crusaders faced off for the first time in program history.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans were the first to score with an unassisted goal from junior Andrew Kew.
- With 3:30 left in the first period, the Crusaders answer back with a goal.
- Tampa scored two goals with less than a minute left in the first period. With 0:57 left Shane Hanlon scored, unassisted. Bryan Wright scored with 0:01 left and assisted by James Pugliese.
- At the end of the first period, the Spartans led the Crusaders 3-1.
- Wright had his second goal of the game and was assisted again by Pugliese.
- Sophmore Jake Mosher McGraw scored his first goal of the game, the assist from Shane Hanlon.
- North Greenville answered with a goal of their own. Tampa held the lead 5-2.
- With 6:01 the Spartans score their last goal of the period from Chris Cox.
- Heading into halftime, the Spartans led the Crusaders 6-2.
- Coming out of halftime, the Crusaders were the first on the board. Spartans still lead 6-3.
- Cox with his second goal of the day with 9:39 left in the third period.
- Max Lambert assisted a goal for Wright giving the Spartans a lead of five goals over the Crusaders.
- Another goal from Cox gave him a hat trick for the game. He was assited by Wright.
- Freshman Luke Curran with his first career goal, was assisted by Pugliese.
- Tampa lead the North Greenville 10-3.
- To start the fourth period, Tampa was the first on the board, with a goal from Mosher McGraw, assited by Matt Vetter.
- With 12:47 left the Spartans scored again, goal by Pugliese.
- Kew scored his second goal of the game, assisted by Max Lambert.
- Crusaders finally answered with a goal, Spartans still lead 13-4.
- Freshman Connor Fitzgerald with his first carrer goal, assisted by Spencer Eysaman.
- Less than two minutes left in the game, Spencer Eysaman scored his first goal of his sophmore season.
- North Greenville scored with one second left in the fourth period.
- FINAL. The Tampa Spartans defeat the North Greenville Crusaders 15-5.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Cox and Wright led the Spartans in goals with three each.
- Mosher McGraw logged two goals.
- Pugliese led the team in assists with two.
- Ross Dickerson and Jack Tyrrell led the Spartans in ground balls with five.
- B.J. Borowski recorded nine saves in his win against the Crusaders.
BEYOND THE BOX:
- Chris Cox and Jake Mosh McGraw both earned a hat trick.
- Fresman Luke Curran and Connor Fitzgerald both scored their first career goals.
Tampa will travel to Utah on Wednesday, March 7th for a 3:30 p.m. matchup against the Westminster College Griffins.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.