VERO BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's swimming team was defeated by a 156-106 score at Indian River State College on Friday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Indian River was first in 11 of the 15 men's events.
• Among the first-place efforts for IRSC were top finishes in both relay races.
• Tommy Reminger represented the Spartans with a first-place finish in the 1,000 Free after a time of 9:49.63. UT took the top three in the race as Tomas Manso-Fraga and Nick Tinucci were second and third respectively.
• Senior All-American Martin Hammer was first in the 50 Free with a time of 21.00.
• Freshman Brett Saunders won the 200 Back as he clocked at 1:52.76. Saunders also placed first in the 200 IM at 1:54.12.
UT travels home in time to host the annual Tampa Relays on Saturday at 10 a.m. In addition to the host Spartans, participating schools include Saint Leo, Findlay (Ohio) and York (Pa.). Fans may follow live on Meet Mobile or watch for free on TampaSpartans.tv.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.