LAKELAND, Fla. – The No. 10 University of Tampa men's swimming team suffered its first setback of the 2017-18 season with a loss to Sunshine State Conference rival and No. 9 Florida Southern College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern Moccasins 163, Tampa Spartans 99
Location: Nina B. Hollis Wellness Pool | Lakeland, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tampa took first in a pair of individual races.
- The Spartans concluded the meet with a win in the 200 Free Relay.
- There were a total of 14 men's events.
- Brady Stabler was the top finisher in the 200 Fly as he won with a time of 1:55.85. Teammate Tom Downs finished second in the event.
- The Spartans also had a first-place showing from Marc Caron in the 50 Free with a time of 21.66.
- In the final event of the meet, Tampa won the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:25.97 from Caron, Aaron James, Daniel Jacob and Stefano Vrolijk.
Tampa travels to Melbourne for the Panther Invitational at Florida Tech on November 17-19.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.