TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team met opponents at the University of South Florida Invitational as the Spartans ran their B team.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 4th place, 125 points
Overall Champion: Florida Gulf Coast, 41 points
Non-D1 Champion: Saint Leo, 30 points
Location: The Claw: USF Golf Course | Tampa, Fla.
Host Institution: University of South Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Stone Malick | 17th overall, 29:15.01
• Paul Wales | 19th overall, 29:19.81
• Brice Easton | 22nd overall, 29:33.54
• James Dooley | 37th overall, 30:39.80
• James McVeigh | 38th overall, 30:49.45
- Malick was the top UT runner for the first time of the 2018 season.
- A total of 20 teams competed, including nine in the Division I race and 11 among non D1 schools.
- Triston Vaira also ran for UT, placing 46th overall.
- Joining the Spartans and Saint Leo from the Sunshine State Conference were Embry-Riddle (2nd), Florida Tech (3rd) and Rollins (10th).
Tampa heads to Milledgeville, Ga., for the Bobcat Invitational on Saturday, October 20 at 8:30 am.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.