TAMPA, Fla. –The No. 19 University of Tampa women's lacrosse ends their road weekend 2-0 with a 14-6 win over the North Greenville University Crusaders. The Spartans are now 3-1 on the 2019 season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 19 Tampa Spartans 14, North Greenville Crusaders 6
Records: Tampa (3-1), North Greenville (2-3)
Location: Pepsi Stadium | Tigerville, S.C.
All-time Series: The Spartans now lead the all-time series against the Crusaders 2-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Carly Vaccaro was unstoppable and score the first FOUR goals of the game, giving Tampa a 4-0 lead with 18:52 still remaining in the first half.
- Finally, NGU answered scoring their first goal of the contest.
- However, thirty seconds later Kayla Kosubinsky netted a goal for the Spartans off the assist by Rachel Crawford.
- North Greenville then scored the last two goals of the first half.
- Heading into halftime, the Spartans led the Crusaders 5-3.
- Coming out of the half, the Spartans picked up where they left off with a goal by Caroline Forester.
- With 21:25 remaining, UT's Kristyn Staley earned a goal.
- Shortly after, NGU earned their fourth goal of the game.
- However, once again the Crusaders could not stop Vaccaro, and the Mooresville, North Carolina native recorded her fifth goal of the day.
- North Greenville then scored the next two goals.
- Erin Sistek then netted one off the pass by Staley.
- Less than a minute later, Forester scored again off a free position attempt.
- With 8:43 remaining in the game, Vaccaro scored her sixth goal of the game, this time off the assist by Claire Swanson.
- Staley game Tampa their 12thgoal of the game with 7:54 left to play.
- Caroline Forester then netted her third and final goal of the day.
- Finally, with 1:08 left in the contest, Maggie Gladden scored the last goal of the game.
- The University of Tampa Spartans defeated the North Greenville University Crusaders by a final score of 14-6.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Carly Vaccaro was UNSTOPPABLE, leading the Spartans offense with a whopping six goals.
- Following Vaccaro's performance, Caroline Forester earned three goals, and Kristyn Staley netted two.
- Forester also stated two caused turnovers, two groundballs, and a draw control win.
- Claire Swanson led the Spartans in draw controls with seven. Alexa Scudillo also picked up three draw control wins and Allie Popelar won twice.
- Bridget Sutter played the entire 60 minutes for the Spartans. The sophomore Colorado native tallied 13 saves on the night.
UP NEXT: The Spartans travel to Denver, Colorado to take on the Regis Rangers on March 2nd. This game is scheduled to begin at 5:00 p.m. The Spartans will then play the University of Colorado – Colorado Springs Mountain Lions on Monday, March 4th. This game will begin at 7:00 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP: A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.