BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams concluded day four to complete the 2017 NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving Championships.
The Spartan men ended the event at No. 23 in the team standings with 54 points, while the women are No. 29 with 20 points.
UT Men's Highlights
- Tommy Reminger was 17th in the 1,650 Free, finishing with a time of 15:44.43.
- The first UT All-American was Martin Hammer, who was eighth in the 100 Free. The senior was clocked at 44.31.
- Tampa's 400 Free Relay group of Marc-Olivier Caron, Hammer, Ethan Harrington and Aaron James finished second in the consolation finals with an effort of 2:59.21.
UT Women's Highlights
- McKenzie Street was 15th in the 200 Breast as she finished in 2:18.01.
- In the 400 Free Relay, the Spartan team of Megan Waddell, Molly O'Hara, Sophie Long and Marisa Barton were 14th with a time of 3:27.17.
Martin Hammer represented the University of Tampa as a 2017 All-American, achieving the honor in the 100 Free.
- Queens (N.C.) was first among men's teams with 563.5 points.
- Queens (N.C.) was also the top women's team with 467 points.