GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa track teams ran at the Tom Jones Meet.
- In the 3,000 Meter Run, Tyler Roberts led the way as he finished seventh with a showing of 9:08.63. Brent Turner was also in the top-10 as his time of 9:11.36 was good for a 10th-place finish. Joseph Weber was 12th at 9:17.23 as Mitch Arnold (15th, 9:26.72) and Nick Morfesi (17th, 9:57.21) also ran.
- Lars Benner was 16thg in the 1,500 Meter Run, being timed at 3:56.05. Joey Maus was 32nd at 4:17.03.
- Kristin Steede raced to a 25th-place finish in the 400 Meter Dash with a time of 1:00.89.
- Senior Claudia Cancello finished seventh overall in the 3,000 Meter Run after being clocked at 10:28.58. Thea Ramsey was the second Spartan to finish as she was 16th at 10:53.66. Also running for UT were Clare McMahon (21st, 11:14.66), Eliana Ochoa (25th, 11:47.60), Ryleigh Donegan (26th, 11:48.90) and Aislinn Sroczynski (27th, 11:51.39).
- Kayla Sullivan was 29th in the 1,500 Meter Run at 4:56.87. Lexi Bible also ran, placing 32nd (5:11.00).
Tampa has one meet remaining on its 2017 schedule, which is the Florida State University Twilight Meet on Friday, May 5 in Tallahassee, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.