GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team competed with the nation's best at the annual University of Florida Mountain Dew Invitational, finishing first among Division II schools.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 1st, 47 points
D2 Champion: Tampa, 47 points
Overall Champion: Florida, 60 points
Location: Mark Bostic Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 4th overall, 17:47.64
• Shannon Sweeney | 6th overall, 18:08.02
• Lexi Bible | 10th overall, 18:26.42
• Sydney Rhodes | 12th overall, 18:33.39
• Julia Lockridge | 15th overall, 18:40.75
- Jarvis was the first Spartan to cross the finish line for third straight race of 2018.
- After finishing first in the first two races, Jarvis turned in her third top-five finish of her sophomore season.
- Sweeney has finished second among UT runners in all three races.
- A total of 15 teams competed in the non-Division I race as 12 Division I schools entered.
- Among the Sunshine State Conference schools competing were UT, Embry-Riddle (2nd), Saint Leo (4th), Nova Southeastern (6th), Palm Beach Atlantic (9th) and Florida Tech (10th).
- Tampa entered a total of eight runners in the women's race.
Tampa will send its "B" team to the Florida Runners Invite on Friday in Lakeland, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.