Who we are:
The University of Tampa Spartan Cheerleaders are a group of female and male athletes who are dedicated to supporting all UT Athletics. Our team is made up of students with a variety of backgrounds in all-star cheerleading, gymnastics, and high school cheer teams and will bring a high level of entertainment and performance expertise to game and special event performances.
Our program is comprised of up to 30 athletes who perform at University games, events and special appearances on campus and in the community. Of these athletes, several may also be selected to perform at local showcases and competitions, including NCA College Nationals.
Our cheerleaders must meet the following requirements to be a member of the team:
• Must be in good academic standing with a 2.5 or higher GPA (2.0-2.5 probation)
• Must be a full-time student
• Incoming students must have a letter of acceptance attached with tryout application
• Currently enrolled students must have an active student ID card
Practices and workouts:
Cheerleaders must be in attendance for all practices and/or workouts.
Practices are generally held for 3 hours, 2-3 times per week. Practice days may vary by semester as facility availability changes. A practice schedule will be given when the new members of the cheerleading team are announced. Practices are a crucial part in being a member of the UT cheerleading team as it is where we will be practicing stunting and tumbling skills, as well as preparing for upcoming games, events, and appearances.
In an effort to keep our athletes healthy and to prevent illness and injury, our cheerleaders are required to work out two days per week with the University of Tampa strength and conditioning coaches.
• For more information about our program, please contact head coach Kelsey Hornack.
• We are also on social media! Check us out and like us, follow us, tweet us!
o Facebook: UT Cheerleading
o Instagram: UTampaCheer
o Twitter: @UTampaCheer