TAMPA, Fla. — The University of Tampa Spartans defeated the Saint Leo Lions by a final score of 3-2.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: University of Tampa Spartans 3, Saint Leo University 2
Records: Tampa (7-7), Saint Leo (1-5)
Location: Tampa Beach Volleyball Complex | Tampa, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- On the ones court, the final game of the evening was played by Melissa Elias and Sorrel Houghton. The two defeated the Lions in three sets, losing the first set 21-9, and then coming back to win the last two 21-17 and 15-8. This win gave Tampa the 3-2 victory.
- Partners Leigh Buttner and Gabbi Pacatte also took the Lions to three sets. However, unlike the ones court, these two won the first set 21-17, and then lost the second two 21-19 and 15-13.
- On the threes court, Katie McKiel and Nicole Dominguez were defeated by the lions in two sets, 21-19, 21-15.
- Alexandra Misca and Sarah Moore were the first partners to get a W for Tampa. The Spartans defeated the Lions in two by set scores of 21-17 and 21-15.
- Finally, Tampa's third and final win was from the duo Taylor George and Nylah Demps on the fives court. UT defeated the Lions in two 21-12, 21-17.
- On the exhibition court, Danielle Christian and Marisa Beisner defeated Brooklyn Wilson and Chally Korn in two, 21-15 and 21-5.
Tomorrow, Tampa will head to Lakeland, Fla., where they will face Lincoln Memorial in a dual scheduled for 2:00 p.m. and then SSC rival Florida Southern at 4:00 p.m.