TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa baseball team took on the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish for the final game of their round-robin series and won 2-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #5 Tampa 2, Palm Beach 1
Records: Tampa (7-2), Palm Beach (6-5)
Location: Jim Spooner Field | Pensacola, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa leads the all-time series record over the Sailfish at 21-6.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans and the Sailfish started slow to open up play on Sunday as Tampa did not put up a run until the bottom of the fourth inning. The inning started on a single to center field from catcher Danny Sirven. Harrison Bragg then came up to bat and reached on a fielder's choice that would put Sirven out at second. Connor Crile then came up to the plate and singled to right field, moving Bragg to second. Crile and Bragg then stole second and third base, respectively. Cole Perry drove in two runs, Bragg and Crile, after hitting a single and giving the Spartans a 2-0 lead.
- The Sailfish put a run on the board after hitting a homer, cutting the Spartans lead in half.
- Neither team scored again, leading to the Spartans victory 2-1.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Crile went 2-4 with one run and one double
- Perry went 1-3, scoring both runs for the Spartans
- Pimentel improves his record to 3-0 on the season
Tampa returns to action on Friday, February 23rd at 6:00PM for a three game series with the Florida Tech Panthers.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.