INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Philadelphia Phillies 6, Tampa Spartans 0,
Records: Tampa (7-2), West Florida (0-0)
Location: Spectrum Field | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans first hit of the day came in the top of the third from Brandon Gali with a single down the left field line.
- In the fourth inning, Danny Sirven singled to right field. Connor Crile advanced Sirven to a second with a hit through the right side. Tampa ended the inning leaving runners on first and second.
- UT registered one hit in the fifth with a single to right field by Stephen Smith.
- The Spartans were unable to bring any runners home in the sixth but recorded two hits. Harrison Bragg and Crile both singled up the middle.
- Drew Burkhart registered the only hit for Tampa in the seventh with a blooper over the first baseman.
- The Phillies went on to win 6-0 over the Spartans.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Crile went 2-3.
- Gali went 1-2
- Burkhart went 1-2.
Tampa returns to action tomorrow Friday, February 23rd at 6:00PM as they host the first game of the three-game series against Florida Tech.