Tampa, Fla. - The University of Tampa swept the floor and won its seventh straight game with a 9-0 victory over LIU Post.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 2 Tampa Spartans 9, LIU Post Pioneers 0
Records: Tampa (8-2), LIU Post (0-3)
Location: UT Baseball Field | Tampa, Fl.
All-time Series: Tampa sweeps their first series and now lead the all-time series 3-0 against the Pioneers.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Danny Maynard opened up the scoring in the fourth with a two-run double. After the next batter got on base, Keenan Bell smacked a three-run Home Run to right field to create a 5-0 Spartans lead.
- In the sixth, Maynard hit his second double of the day, followed by a two-run Home Run by Stevie Mangrum down the right field line! The Spartans increased their lead over the Pioneers to 7-0.
- In the eighth, Mangrum hit his second two-run Home Run of the day to give Spartans a 9-0 lead.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Mangrum led the charge going 2-4 with two Home Runs, two runs, and four RBIs.
- Maynard finished 3-4 with two doubles, two runs, and two RBIs.
- Bell ended 1-3 with a Home Run, three RBIs, and one run.
- Starting pitcher Mason Duke picked up the win, throwing for seven shut-out innings and struck out seven, while allowing one walk and five hits. He is now 3-0 on the season.
OUTSIDE THE BOX:
- UT is now on a six-game win streak.
- Head coach Joe Urso now stands at 794 career wins as the all-time winningest coach in UT history is approaching another milestone.
The Spartans open SSC play as they travel to Florida Tech next Friday. The game starts at 6 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.