TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 8 University of Tampa Spartans defeat the Rollins College Tars by a final score of 17-5.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 8 Tampa Spartans 17, Rollins College Tars 5
Records: Tampa (11-3, 3-1 SSC), Rollins (5-6, 2-3 SSC)
Location: Barker Family Stadium at Cahall-Sandspur Field | Winter Park, Fla.
All-time Series: The Tampa Spartans lead the all-time series against the Rollins College Tars 9-0.
- In the first 45 seconds of the contest, the Spartans were the first team on the board with a goal from Bryan Wright, the assist by Jake Mosher McGraw.
- Less than a minute later, Matt Vetter netted a goal for UT, the assist from Andrew Kew.
- Tampa then earned the next two goals, giving them the 4-0 lead. The first goal was from Hunter Van Horn, the assist by Kew. The second goal was by Kew himself.
- Andrew Kew then scored again for the Spartans with 6:35 left in the first.
- Mosher McGraw then netted a goal for the Spartans giving UT the 6-0 lead.
- Finally, with 1:33 left in the first, Rollins stated their first goal of the game.
- With five seconds left on the clock, Vetter snuck in one more goal for UT, the assist by Kew.
- Heading into the second period, Tampa led Rollins 7-1.
- Kew picked up right where he left off in the second period, scoring the first goal for UT with 13:56 left until halftime.
- Tampa continued to score with two more goals. The second from Kew, this time off the assist from Kansai Garey.
- The Tars scored their second goal of the game with 6:57 remaining in the half. The Spartans continued to lead the Tars 10-2.
- With 3:31 left, Wright scored again for UT.
- Then the final goal of the half was scored by Shane Hanlon, the assist by Vetter.
- Heading into halftime the Spartans led the Tars 12-2.
- Wright scored the first goal of the second half.
- Luke Curran then netted his first goal of the game off the assist from Luke Posner.
- Rollins scored their third goal of the game with 6:31 left in the third. The Spartans continued to hold the lead over the Tars 14-3.
- Curran then earned another goal for the Spartans, this time unassisted.
- The Tars scored the final goal of the third period with 2:12 on the clock. Heading into the fourth period, Tampa led by a score of 15-4.
- The first goal of the fourth period was scored by Matt Vetter, the assist by Wright.
- Rollins netted their final goal of the game with 8:19 on the clock.
- Tampa's final goal of the game was from Spencer Eysaman.
- The Spartans defeated the Tars by a final score of 17-5.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Kew led the Spartans on offense with four goals and three assists, followed by Vetter with three goals and two assists.
- Senior Luke Robideaux led the Spartans defensively with two caused turnovers and four ground balls.
- Ross Dickerson led the team in faceoff wins, logging 10-11.
- B.J. Borowski recorded 7 saves in the cage for the Spartans.
The Spartans will host the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish on Saturday, April 21st at 1:00 p.m. Be sure to come out to Naimoli Family Field as the team will be honoring it's seniors.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.