TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa Spartans defeated conference foe, Florida Tech by a final score of 14-9. The University of Tampa is now 7-4 on the 2019 season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: UT Spartans 14, FIT Panthers 9
Records: Tampa (7-4, SSC 2-0), Florida Tech (5-2, SSC 1-1)
Location: Pepin Stadium | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: The Spartans lead the Panthers in the all-time series 10-1.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first goal of the game was scored by Tampa's Andrew Kew off the assist by Bryan Wright.
- With 7:00 left in the first period, Harry Kilkowski netted one for the Spartans giving them the 2-0 lead.
- The final goal of the third period was scored by the Panthers.
- At the end of the first period, the Spartans led the Panthers 2-1.
- Florida Tech scored the first goal of the second period.
- Andrew Kew then netted his second goal of the day with 12:30 left in the contest.
- The Spartans then scored four more goals in the half.
- The first of the four came from Colin White off the assist by Matt Vetter.
- Chris Cox stated the second off the pass from Shane Hanlon.
- White then scored his second, this time from Kew.
- Matt Vetter earned the Spartans last goal of the first half. His goal was off the assist by Kew.
- Heading into halftime, the Spartans led the Panthers 7-3.
- Wright scored the Spartans first goal of the second half.
- With 8:30 left in the period, White netted another goal for UT off the assist by Luke Robideaux.
- Tech then earned their fourth goal of the contest with 8:12 remaining.
- Matt Vetter then netted back-to-back goals for the Spartans giving them the 11-4 lead.
- The final goal of the third period was by White, the assist by Vetter.
- Heading into the final period, the Spartans led the Panthers 12-4.
- Jake Mosher McGraw netted a goal off the assist by Kew to start the final period.
- Shane Hanlon then earned a goal, the assist was once again by Kew.
- The Florida Tech Panthers then scored the last five goals of the contest.
- The University of Tampa Spartans defeated the Florida Tech Panthers by a final score of 14-9.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Colin White had four goals for the Spartans, followed by Vetter with three and Kew with two.
- Andrew Kew had a team-high of four assists for the Spartans.
- Defensively, Luke Robideaux had a team-high of two caused turnovers. Additionally, he stated one assist and five ground balls.
- Ross Dickerson won 17-21 faceoffs for the Spartans. Dickerson had a team-high of 12 ground balls for UT.
- B.J. Borowski played the entire 60 minutes for the Spartans. The sophomore recorded 10 saves in the contest.
UP NEXT: This weekend the Spartans will travel to Old Westbury, New York to take on the NYIT Bears. The game is slated to begin at 12:00 p.m. at President's Stadium.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP: A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS: UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.