MORROW, Ga. - The University of Tampa men's soccer team finished in a 4-4 draw against the University of North Georgia on Thursday evening. The Nighthawks battled back and scored twice in the final 12 minutes of regulation to even the score. The Spartans put up 33 shots in total, 22 on target, and continued to apply pressure into extra-time but did not break the tie.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
- The 33 total shots for the Spartans are the most since September 14, 2014 against Montevallo.
- Fernandez's two assists matches his career total. He recorded two assists last season against Eckerd on September 20.
- Jake Richards started in goal for the Spartans and racked up seven saves on North Georgia's 20 total shots.
- North Georgia's Sharman had 17 saves on the evening.
- The first and fourth goals by UNG were both scored on PKs.
Text Alerts: UT also offers a free text messaging service that sends text alerts following all Spartan events. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.
Front Row: Download the official app of UT Athletics on the Apple or Android store. Look for Tampa Spartans Front Row app to receive notifications from your favorite Spartan teams. The app is completely free.