TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa posted the top women's grade point average (GPA) among all NCAA Division II schools for the Winter-Spring 2007 semester, while Adelphi University boasted the top men's team GPA, according to tabulations compiled by collegeswimming.com.
Coach Ed Brennan's Spartans put up a 3.50 average that was unmatched by any other NCAA II team. Wingate University, coached by Kirk Sanocki was a close second at 3.47, while Brad Flood's University of Bridgeport women scored 3.470 for third.
On the men's side, Coach Linda Jelovich's Adelphi Panthers topped the rankings with a 3.39 GPA, consigning Tampa (3.32) and the University of Findlay (3.26) to second and third.
Tampa topped the combined men's (second) and women's (first) rankings with a 3.41 GPA. Ouachita Baptist, whose me were fifth and women sixth, was second with a 3.285, while Truman State, with its men seventh and women fifth, took third with a 3.225 mark.
Combined National Top 10
1. Tampa, 1st (women), 2nd (men), 3.41 GPA
2. Ouachita Baptist, 6th (women, 5th (men), 3.40
3. Truman State, 5th (women), 7th (men), 3.23
4. Drury, 7th (women), T-9th (men), 3.19
5. Delta State, 11th (women), 8th (men), 3.18
6. Shippensburg, 4th (women), 17th (men), 3.11
7. Findlay, 23rd (women), 3rd (men), 3.22
8. Henderson State, 20th (women), 6th (men), 3.16
9. Grand Valley State, 16th (women), 11th (men), 3.13
10. Indianapolis, T-15th (women), 12th (men), 3.11