WINTER PARK, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's swimming team continued its excellent start to the 2016-17 season with an easy win over Sunshine State Conference opponent Rollins College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 176, Keiser 74
Records: Tampa Spartans (3-0), Rollins Tars (0-2)
Location: Alfond Pool | Winter Park, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• The Spartans took first, second and third in the opening relay, the 200 Medley. UT's team of Christian Berg, Brett Saunders, Tomas Manso-Fraga and Aaron James took first with a 1:36.24.
• The Spartans took first place in 12 of the meet's 14 races.
• The lone races Rollins claimed a first in were the final two events of the meet, the 200 IM and 200 Free Relay.
• Manso-Fraga won the first men's individual race, finishing the 1,000 Free in 9:50.66.
• Senior All-American Martin Hammer took first in the 200 Free with a time of 1:51.10.
• Dominic Russo was the first to finish the 100 Back, being timed at 54.24.
• Alberto Orejuela finished first in the 200 Fly. His winning time was clocked at 2:01.21.
• The 50 Free was championed by another Spartan, with Marc-Olivier Caron notching a showing of 21.45.
• Forrest Lundy had a 48.22 to win the 100 Free.
• Nick Tinucci turned in a first-place finish in the 200 Breast with a time of 2:15.51.
• Berg took first in the 200 Back with a time of 1:55.62.
Tampa returns home to host SSC opponent Nova Southeastern on Saturday at 11 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.