CLEARWATER, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's swimming team remains in second place among six competitors at the Spartan Invite following day three of action.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Total Scores (Through Three Days:) Indian River (700), Tampa (638.5), Nova Southeastern (595.5), Florida Southern (542), Lenoir-Rhyne (126), Rollins (27)
Location: The Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• There were a total of six men's events on Sunday.
• Nova Southeastern claimed three first-place performances on Sunday, but continues to sit in third place. Team-leader Indian River won a race, as did Tampa and Florida Southern.
• Tampa continues to lead Nova Southeastern and Florida Southern, trailing only Indian River.
• Freshman Brett Saunders won the 400 IM, and also set a new UT school record with a time of 3:51.05 in the event. Sean Rodney was sixth (4:00.98) as Nick Tinucci was eighth (4:08.29).
• Tommy Reminger finished in eighth-place in the 200 Free with a time of 1:42.85.
• The night commenced with the 800 Free Relay as the Spartans had teams finish in fourth and fifth place. The top UT team, finishing in 6:52.52, was Martin Hammer, Reminger, Alberto Orejuela and Aaron James.
Monday's action will start with the 9:30 a.m., prelims and conclude with the 5 p.m, finals. Monday's events include the 200 Back, 100 Free, 200 Breast, 200 Fly and the 400 Free Relay. The 1,650 race is scheduled for 11 a.m., as part of the distance session.
The Spartan Invite may be followed live through the Meet Mobile app. The app is available on both Apple and Android mobile platforms.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.