TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's swimming team returned to action with an easy victory over visiting William Jewell College in a New Year's Day matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Tampa took first-place in eight of the 13 races on Sunday.
• UT also claimed first in both relay events.
• The Spartans opened and closed the meet with first-place relay efforts. The 200 Medley Relay team of Christian Berg, Nicholas Stoski, Marc-Olivier Caron and Aaron James won in 1:37.44. The 200 Free Relay group of Caron, James, Bryan Mattingly and Zach Potter won in 1:27.34.
• Berg also took first in the 50 Back with a time of 25.06.
• The 100 Fly was won by Caron, who was clocked at 51.34. He also won the 50 Fly in 23.26.
• UT had a first-place time of 55.34 in the 100 Back by Dominic Russo.
• Freshman Brett Saunders won the 100 Breast in 1:00.44 and the 100 IM in 53.17.
Tampa travels to Fort Pierce on Friday for a matchup with Indian River State College.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.