TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 10 University of Tampa men's swimming team continued its excellent start to 2017-18 with a victory over Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tampa took first-place in eight of the 10 individual men's races.
- Among UT's victories were a pair of wins in the two relay events.
- Tampa took the top spot in the 400 Medley Relay, with a time of 3:30.08 coming from the team of Ethan Harrington, Stefano Vrolijk, Brady Stabler and Aaron James.
- Tommy Reminger claimed first in the 1,000 Free with a time of 10:04.14 and the 500 Free in 4:51.14.
- A win was registered by Cameron Newton in the 200 Free (1:43.28) and 100 Free (47.37).
- The 50 Free went to Marc Caron with a time of 21.61.
- Brett Saunders was the fastest in the 400 IM with a time of 4:10.35.
- Stabler also earned a first-place finish in the 200 Fly (1:55.82).
- The Spartans concluded the meet with a first in the 400 Free Relay. The team of Caron, James, Newton and Stabler were clocked at 3:10.98.
Tampa travels to Florida Southern on Friday for a Sunshine State Conference matchup at 6 p.m., in Lakeland.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.