CLEARWATER, Fla. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams were back in action at day two of the fourth-annual Spartan Invite, which includes a total of six teams.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Day Two Final: Indian River 517, Tampa 466, Florida Southern 312.5, Nova Southeastern 278.5, Saint Leo 245, Catawba 41
Women's Day Two Final: Tampa 676, Nova Southeastern 480, Indian River 342, Florida Southern 156, Saint Leo 132, Catawba 73
Location: Doyle Aquatic Center at the Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
MEN'S TOP PERFORMERS:
- A second-place effort came from the 200 Free Relay team of Aaron James, Jared Fitzgerald, Yannick Smith and Cameron Newton. They had a time of 1:21.06.
- Brett Saunders was second in the 400 IM at 3:49.45.
- The 100 Fly included a third-place finish from UT's Luke Hene as he was timed at 48.08.
- Newton was third in the 200 Free as he was clocked at 1:38.27.
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMERS:
- UT opened the evening session with a first-place finish in the 200 Free Relay. The group of Megan Waddell, Hana van Loock, Molly O'Hara and Elizaveta Bazarova were the fastest relay with a time of 1:33.85.
- Freshman Courtney Sherwood won the 400 IM with a time of 4:24.95.
- Another Spartan freshman notched a first-place finish as Anja Oca won the 100 Fly with a time of 55.63. Teammates Cat Sterlacci and O'Hara tied for second at 55.67 to give the Spartans the top three spots in the event.
- Maureen Moore placed third in the 200 Free as she finished in 1:51.22.
- Tampa closed day two with a third-place effort in the 400 Medley Relay as the team of van Loock, Bazarova, Oca and Waddell ended at 3:47.54.
Day three of the Spartan Invite will begin Monday with the prelims at 9:30 a.m. The finals are slated for 6 p.m. Fans may watch live at TampaSpartans.tv or follow live scoring through the Meet Mobile app.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.