TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams competed in their second event in as many days, with both Spartan teams placing first at the annual Tampa Relays.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Final: 1. Tampa, 2. William Jewell, 3. Millikin
Women's Final: 1. Tampa, 2. William Jewell, 3. Millikin
Location: UT Aquatics Center | Tampa, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The meet totaled 20 events, including 10 for the men and 10 for the women.
- Tampa's women took first in all 10 events.
- The Spartan men took all 10 first-place finishes.
TOP PERFORMERS (MEN):
- UT won its first race of the meet as the team of Andre Richardson, Thomas Clark and John Clinard took the 3x100 Fly Relay with a time of 2:40.04.
- Luke Hene, Dominic Russo and Hugo Bustamante made up the group that won the 3x100 Back Relay in 2:37.54.
- The Spartans won the 3x100 Breast Relay as Youssef Khowessah, Austin Simpson and Nick Tinucci were clocked at 3:00.74.
- A time of 7:10.78 in the 800 Free Relay resulted in a first for Cameron Newton, Marvin Slanschek, Hene and Forrest Lundy.
- Tampa won the 500 Crescendo Relay in 4:19.73 as Aaron James, Yannick Smith, Brian Valedon and Richardson made up the winning team.
- The 400 Medley Relay was won in 3:33.17 by Brett Saunders, Slanschek, Hene and James.
- In the 8x50 Free Relay, a first-place time of 2:55.99 was secured by Smith, Mikael Haugen, Lundy and Valedon.
- UT won the 3x166 SNARF Relay as the team of Marcos Hillje-Enthoven, Tinucci and Mauricio Calderon won in 5:05.28.
- The 400 IM Relay was won in 3:37.32 from the Spartan group of Saunders, Hene, Kellen Broaderick and Grant Ruster.
- UT finished the meet with a first in the 400 Free Relay. A time of 3:12.50 came from James, Slanschek, Smith and Newton.
TOP PERFORMERS (WOMEN):
- The Spartans opened the race with a first-place finish in the 3x100 Fly Relay. Courtney Sherwood, Isabelle Bularca and Anna Dzouenko were part of the team that was timed at 2:59.01.
- A time of 3:04.14 in the 3x100 Back Relay was good enough for a win for Hana van Loock, Emily Schlosser and Erin Hixenbaugh.
- Tampa was first in the 3x100 Breast Relay with a time of 3:27.38 from Elizaveta Bazarova, Cat Sterlacci and Ali Lombardi.
- UT was first in the 800 Free Relay after being clocked at 8:11.67 from Maureen Moore, Gabbie Gauntt, Jessie Tobin and Lindsey Grater.
- The 500 Crescendo Relay went to Tampa after finishing in 4:46.36. The winning team included Bazarova, Bularca, Sterlacci and Lombardi.
- UT won the 400 Medley Relay in 4:10.33 from van Loock, McKenzie Street, Victoria Horsman and Gauntt.
- The 8x50 Free Relay first-place time was 3:25.61 as the winners included Megan Waddell, Bularca, Hixenbaugh and Emily Clesen.
- Tampa's winning 3x166 SNARF Relay was timed at 5:47.66 from Tobin, Moore and Megan Goldthorpe.
- The first-place in the 400 IM Relay was clocked at 4:15.61 by Sterlacci, Emily Pfeifer, Torey Brierley and Goldthorpe.
- The Spartans claimed the 400 Free Relay with a time of 3:38.02 from Waddell, Moore, Bazarova and van Loock.
Tampa hosts Keiser in its final home meet of the 2018-19 season on Sunday, January 13 at the UT Aquatics Center.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.