The University of Tampa track teams competed at both the 49er Classic and the Black and Gold Challenge over the weekend, sending its sprinters to UCF and its distance runners to Charlotte.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Charlotte, N.C. | Orlando, Fla.
Host Institution: University of Charlotte | University of Central Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
- In the 10,000 Meter race, Trevor Kattenberg was 6th (32:22.74) and Joe Weber was 10th (32:29.87). Mitch Arnold also finished in the top-20 at 19th with a time of 33:12.04.
- The 10K time by Kattenberg set a new freshman record for Tampa.
- Weber's 10K time represented a personal best.
- Arnold also established a new personal best in the 10K.
- Tyler Roberts also raced in the 10K and set a personal record with a time of 15:21.
- In the 5,000 Meter race, Zoe Jarvis was 13th (17:55.49) and Sydney Rhodes was 18th (18:04.98).
- Lexi Bible was the top Spartan in the 1,500 as she led the Spartans with a time of 4:53.
Tampa runs at the Florida Relays on March 29-31 at the University of Florida.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.