TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa track team hosted its annual meet as it welcomed 12 teams and several individuals for its Tampa Track Classic.
- In the 200, Ethan Arias was ninth overall with a time of 23.06.
- Sophomore Dalton Morley set a new school record in the 800-meter race, which is named "Ryan's Race" in honor of former Spartan runner Ryan McCall. Morley was timed at 1:51.71 as he broke Ryan Poholek's school record. Ryan Poholek was fourth at 1:54.02.
- James Dooley turned in a fourth-place 1,500 finish as he had a time of 4:01.83. Brice Easton was 10th with a time of 4:07.14.
- Tyler Roberts was the first of a host of Spartans in the 5K as his time of 15:20.98 placed him 12th in the field.
- Head coach Dror Vaknin registered Evan Ambrose in the 400 hurdles as he finished fifth with a time of 1:01.08.
- The 200 included a fifth-place effort from Kacie Lonsdale as her time was 27.10.
- Mia Yancy was fourth in the 400-meter race as she was clocked at 1:02.80. China Cordier made it two Spartans in the top-10 as her time of 1:04.97 was good for a seventh-place finish.
- In the 800, Julia Lockridge was second with a time of 2:19.24. Brooke Santiesteban was seventh at 2:25.54 while Corinne Fanta finished ninth with a time of 2:25.99.
- Fanta paced UT in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 4:53.60 to finish in sixth place. Freshman Brianna Bush was ninth at 5:08.25.
- Sydney Rhodes was the 5K runner-up as she finished in 17:51.63. Zoe Jarvis was fifth as she crossed the finish line in 18:03.48.
- A runner-up performance was recorded by Kei Riley in the 400 hurdles as she went start to finish in 1:10.09.
The Spartans will be in split locations as it competes at the 49er Classic in Charlotte on March 14-16, the UCF Black and Golf Invitational on March 15-16 and the IMG Academy Invitational in Bradenton, Fla., on March 15-16.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.Several highlights in first event.