VALDOSTA, Ga. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team opened its 2018 season with a first-place finish at the Valdosta State University Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 1st, 27 points
Overall Champion: Tampa, 27 points
Location: Freedom Park | Valdosta, Ga.
Host Institution: Valdosta State University
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Trevor Kattenberg | 1st overall, 23:50.1
• Tyler Roberts | 2nd overall, 23:55.3
• Joe Weber | 4th overall, 24:07.9
• Michael Wilson | 7th overall, 24:38.7
• Devon Sullivan | 13th overall, 25:05.6
- Kattenberg was the individual champion to lead all runners.
- This marks the best finish for Kattenberg, who finished ninth overall as a freshman at the Valdosta State race.
- A total of nine teams competed.
- UT was the lone Sunshine State Conference team in the meet.
- Tampa entered a total of 17 runners in the men's race.
Tampa heads to Melbourne, Fla., on Saturday, September 8 for the Florida Tech Invitational.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.