LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team raced to a seventh-place finish at the 2018 NCAA South Regional.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 7th place, 216 points
Overall Champion: Embry-Riddle, 48 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Trevor Kattenberg | 12th overall, 32:26.35
• Sean Popik | 42nd overall, 33:30.75
• Joe Weber | 52nd overall, 33:38.30
• Dalton Morley | 58th overall, 33:51.45
• Sam Schaeffer | 61st overall, 33:55.60
- This marks the fifth time this season where Kattenberg has been the fastest Spartan.
- A total of 18 teams competed.
- Also competing for Tampa was freshman Devon Sullivan, who finished 112th overall with a time of 36:07.58.
- Alabama-Huntsville and Lee also advance to the NCAA Nationals in Pittsburgh as the top three teams all move on.
This completes the 2018 season. Please visit TampaSpartans.com for complete information on UT men's cross country.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.