DADE CITY, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's golf team matched up with several elite teams at the 2018Saint Leo Invitational, playing to a fourth-place finish.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 4th, 602 strokes (298-304)
Team Champion: Barry, 593 strokes
Host: Saint Leo University
Location: Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club | Dade City, Fla.
Total Rounds: 2
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Kiira Riihijarvi | 1st overall, 138
- Sofia Cadavid | 12th overall, 151
- Heather Kipniss | 31st overall, 156
- Sydney Stengel | 39th overall, 158)
- Emily Montagnino | 39th overall, 158
- This marks the second individual title for Riihijarvi this season as she opened the year with a championship at the RMAC Fall Preview.
- Riihijarvi was the top Spartan in both rounds with scores of 68 and 70.
- Riihijarvi was the lone participant in 58 player field to shoot under 70 in a round.
- Head coach Missey Jones did not register any individuals.
- A total of nine teams competed.
- In addition to UT, host Saint Leo (7th) and team champion Barry, Florida Southern (2nd), Nova Southeastern (2nd) and Eckerd (9th) also competed from the Sunshine State Conference.
Tampa concludes its fall season on October 29-30 at the Jekyll Island Intercollegiate.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.