CLEVELAND, Tenn. – The University of Tampa women's golf team competed in its first-ever NCAA South Super Regional, placing seventh overall.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 7th, 910 strokes, +46 (308-296-306)
Team Champion: Lynn, 884 strokes, +20 (301-290-293)
Host: NCAA and Lee University
Location: Cleveland Country Club | Cleveland, Tenn.
Total Rounds: 3
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Sofia Cadavid | 11th overall, 222 (+6)
- Kiira Riihijarvi | 20th overall, 225 (+9)
- Emily Montagnino | 34th overall, 230 (+14)
- Heather Kipniss | 51st overall, 236 (+20)
- Sydney Stengel | 63rd overall, 245 (+29)
- Cadavid was the top golfer for the Spartans for the first time of the 2018-19 season.
- Riihijarvi, the number-one ranked individual in the nation, finished three strokes behind Cadavid.
- Cadavid fell one stroke shy of advancing to the NCAA Nationals as she was part of a three-player one-hole playoff to become the fourth individual to advance.
- Cadavid and Riihijarvi carded the top round for the Spartans with a 72 in round two on Tuesday.
- A total of 12 teams competed.
- The top four teams advanced to nationals. Joining regional champion Lynn was Limestone, Barry and Florida Tech.
- Helen Kreuzer of Lynn was the individual medalist with a three-round score of 214 (-2). She won by two strokes.
Please visit TampaSpartans.com for complete information on Tampa Women's Golf.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.