LIVINGSTON, Ala. - The University of Tampa opened the season with a high-scoring affair, which resulted in a 4-4 draw (2OT), against the University of West Alabama. The two teams scored four goals in the final six minutes of the first half. Emily Cady scored twice in the match, which surpassed her career total of one goal scored.
- Sophomore Emily Cady scored one goal last season in 16 games played, Cady scored twice this evening.
- The Spartans laced 36 shots in total, 25 on goal, the most total shots since October 28, 2014.
- Cady and Sheridan ripped six shots a piece, both players had five shots on goal.
- Nasello, Koester, and Ali Robinson played the entire 110 minutes.
- Megan Bromwell went into net in the second half and made five saves in 65 minutes.
- UT was charged with two yellow cards to West Alabama's one.
Text Alerts: UT also offers a free text messaging service that sends text alerts following all Spartan events. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.
Front Row: Download the official app of UT Athletics on the Apple or Android store. Look for Tampa Spartans Front Row app to receive notifications from your favorite Spartan teams. The app is completely free.