TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's soccer team played to a 1-0 victory over visiting Barry University in its 2019 Sunshine State Conference opener.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 1, Barry 0
Records: University of Tampa Spartans (1-4, 1-0 SSC) vs. Barry University Buccaneers (0-4, 0-1 SSC)
Location: Pepin Stadium || Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry now leads the all-time series 19-10-3 as the Spartans ended a five-match skid against the Buccaneers.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
1st Half | Freshman Jalyssa Richardson netted the game's lone goal with an unassisted score in the 41st minute. The Bucs outshot the Spartans 8-5 in the half. || UT, 1-0
2nd Half | UT maintained its shutout as Barry was unable to convert on its 11 shots in the final half. || UT, 1-0
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Goalkeeper Megan Bromwell registered the win as she finished with five saves.
- This is the third shutout of Bromwell's career and first of 2019.
- Richardson, a freshman from Tampa, recorded her first collegiate game-winner on her second goal of the year.
- Barry outshot the Spartans 19-9.
- Moeko Morse led UT with three shots.
UP NEXT: Tampa travels to Eckerd to face the Tritons on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Text Alerts: UT also offers a free text messaging service that sends text alerts following all Spartan events. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.
Front Row: Download the official app of UT Athletics on the Apple or Android store. Look for Tampa Spartans Front Row app to receive notifications from your favorite Spartan teams.