TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team came out on top of an extremely one-side matchup with visiting Keiser University in the first-ever matchup between the Florida colleges.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 124, Keiser 11
Records: UT Spartans (2-0), KU Hawks (0-8)
Location: Tampa Aquatics Complex| Tampa, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Tampa started off strong, taking two of the first three spots in the 200 Medley Relay. First place was claimed by UT's Catherine Bayes, Page Fox, Izzy Spalding and Allison Hutchins. The winning time was 1:53.26.
• The Spartans took first place in all 11 races.
• UT was first, second and third in the 200 Free, 100 Free, 500 Free and 100 Breast. Tampa also took the top-three in both relay races.
• Sarah Mandis won the 1,000 Free. The first individual race of the meet was timed at 11:07.86.
• A first-place finish was registered by Sophie Long in the 200 Free as she was the first to the finish line at 1:55.52.
• Courtney Markle claimed the top-prize in the 50 Free with a time of 25.00.
• Tampa's Eleanor Johnson won the 400 IM in an uncontested race where she was clocked at 4:56.29.
• McKenzie Street won the 100 Fly with an effort of 59.28. Street also claimed a first in the 100 Breast with a time of 1:07.22.
• Freshman Torey Brierley had a time of 54.51 to win the 100 Free.
• K. Bayes won the 100 Back in 1:01.65.
• Brittany Bayes joined her sister in the winners column with a 5:16.88 in the 500 Free.
The Spartans travel to Sunshine State Conference opponent Rollins on November 12. The meet will start at 11 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.