TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team won its first road contest of the season as it cruised past Rollins College in a Sunshine State Conference meeting.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 166, Rollins 84
Records: Tampa Spartans (3-0), Rollins Tars (0-2)
Location: Alfond Pool | Winter Park, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Tampa took the top three places in the first event of the day, which was the 200 Medley Relay. The team of Aubrey Hillborn, McKenzie Street, Izzy Spalding and Marisa Barton won with a time of 1:49.98.
• The Spartans took first place in 11 of the 14 events.
• Brittany Bayes won the 1,000 Free for the Spartans, being clocked at 10:47.89.
• Catherine Bayes was first in the 200 Free with a time of 1:59.22. She would later finish first in the 200 Back with a time of 2:10.94.
• The 100 Back resulted in a first-place effort for UT as Brittany Murphy won at 1:00.96.
• Street took the 100 Breast, being timed at 1:07.98.
• UT's Victoria Horsman won the 200 Fly as her time of 2:10.46 was the top for the meet. Horsman also claimed the top finish in the 100 Fly at 59.66.
• Freshman Torey Brierley had a time of 25.38 to take first in the 50 Free.
• Barton won the 100 Free as the senior All-American had a time of 53.51.
• The 200 Breast was championed by Ali Lombardi, who was timed at 2:27.66.
Tampa returns home to host SSC foe Nova Southeastern on Saturday at 11 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.