CLEARWATER, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team remains in contention as it is in second place among six competitors at the Spartan Invite.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Total Scores (Through Two Days:) Nova Southeastern (472), Tampa (436), Florida Southern (273), Indian River (270), Lenoir-Rhyne (57), Rollins (42)
Location: The Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Sunshine State Conference opponent Nova Southeastern won three of the four races on day two as it took the overall lead.
• Indian River also claimed one first-place finish.
• Tampa remained near the top of the leaderboard as it had fourth, second, third and fourth-place performances in the four events.
• Brittany Bayes was fourth in the first race of the evening. She finished the 500 Free in 5:02.91.
• The evening concluded with the 400 Medley Relay as UT's top effort was a fourth-place finish from Catherine Bayes, Street, Long and Barton (3:52.50). UT also had a sixth-place effort from Brittany Murphy, Ali Lombardi, Victoria Horsman and Megan Waddell (3:54.98). A third Spartan team was seventh, and included Aubrey Hillborn, Page Fox, Izzy Spalding and Courtney Markle (3:55.59).
Sunday's action will start with the 9:30 a.m., prelims and commence with the finals at 6 p.m. Monday's slate has the 9:30 a.m., prelims and 5 p.m., finals. Sunday's events include the 400 IM, 100 Fly, 200 Free, 100 Breast, 100 Back and 800 Free Relay.
The Spartan Invite may be followed live through the Meet Mobile app. The app is available on both Apple and Android mobile platforms.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.