CLEARWATER, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team remains in second place among six competitors at the Spartan Invite following day three of action.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Total Scores (Through Three Days:) Nova Southeastern (778), Tampa (705), Indian River (494), Florida Southern (449), Lenoir-Rhyne (127), Rollins (73)
Location: The Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• There were a total of six women's events on Sunday.
• Nova Southeastern claimed five first-place performances on Sunday, which keeps them in the overall team lead.
• Tampa won one race on Sunday and continues to keep pace with the Sharks while leading Indian River and Florida Southern.
• Day three opened with the 400 IM as Tampa's Aubrey Hillborn finished seventh with a time of 4:34.27.
• The night commenced with the 800 Free Relay, where Tampa had teams finish fourth, sixth and eighth. The fourth-place team of Long, B. Bayes, Waddell and Courtney Markle were clocked at 7:38.37.
Monday's action will start with the 9:30 a.m., prelims and conclude with the 5 p.m, finals. Monday's events include the 200 Back, 100 Free, 200 Breast, 200 Fly and the 400 Free Relay. The 1,650 race is scheduled for 11 a.m., as part of the distance session.
The Spartan Invite may be followed live through the Meet Mobile app. The app is available on both Apple and Android mobile platforms.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.