TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team returned to action with an easy victory over visiting William Jewell College in a New Year's Day matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Tampa claimed first-place in all 13 races on Sunday.
• UT won both relay events.
• The Spartans opened and closed the meet with first-place relay efforts. The 200 Medley Relay team of Catherine Bayes, McKenzie Street, Victoria Horsman and Marisa Barton won in 1:51.21. The 200 Free Relay group of Barton, Courtney Markle, Megan Waddell and Brittany Murphy won in 1:41.42.
• Brittany Bayes was first in the 200 Free with an effort of 1:59.25, and the 500 Free with a showing of 5:13.82.
• The Spartans collected a first-place finish in the 50 Back from Murphy, who was clocked at 28.38.
• The 50 Breast went to Street, who was timed at 31.55. She also took the 100 Breast in 1:09.10 and the 100 IM in 1:03.36.
• Horsman championed the 100 Fly with a time of 1:00.40 and the 50 Fly in 27.85.
• In addition to a pair of first-place relay finishes, Barton won the 50 Free in 24.89 and the 100 Free in 55.47.
• C. Bayes won the 100 Back with a time of 1:02.73.
Tampa travels to Fort Pierce on Friday for a matchup with Indian River State College.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.