VERO BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team was defeated by a slim margin at Indian River State College on Friday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Indian River was first in 11 of the 15 women's events.
• Among the first-place efforts for IRSC were top finishes in both relay races.
• Ali Lombardi turned in a first-place finish for Tampa with a time of 10:48.42 in the 1,000 Free.
• Tampa had a first-place finish in the 200 Fly as Izzy Spalding was the first to the finish line with a time of 2:11.92.
• Reigning Sunshine State Conference Swimmer of the Week McKenzie Street won the 200 Breast as she was clocked at 2:27.58.
• Brittany Bayes was first in the 500 Free at 5:19.67.
UT travels home in time to host the annual Tampa Relays on Saturday at 10 a.m. In addition to the host Spartans, participating schools include Saint Leo, Findlay (Ohio) and York (Pa.). Fans may follow live on Meet Mobile or watch for free on TampaSpartans.tv.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.