SAVANNAH, Ga. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team traveled north and picked up a lopsided victory over Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Tampa took first-place finishes in eight of the 14 women's events.
• Both women's relay races resulted in first-place efforts by the Spartans.
• Brittany Bayes was the winner of the 1,000 Free as her time was 10:42.10. She also took the 500 Free with an effort of 5:11.85.
• Street continued her excellent season with another dominant meet, also winning the 100 Breast (1:07.13), 200 Breast (2:24.82) and the 400 IM (4:39.30).
• In the 100 Fly, Long won with a time of 58.07.
• Tampa concluded the race with a first-place finish in the 200 Free Relay. The winning time of 1:38.57 was registered by Barton, O'Hara, Waddell and Murphy.
The Spartans return to action against Sunshine State Conference opponent Florida Tech on Saturday, January 21. The meet is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.