MELBOURNE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's swimming team picked up a Sunshine State Conference road victory over Florida Tech on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa Spartans 159, Florida Tech Panthers 102
Location: Panther Aquatic Center | Melbourne, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Of the 14 women's events, Tampa took first in eight of the races.
• The team's split the relay races, with Tampa winning the opening relay while Florida Tech closed out the meet with a first-place relay effort.
• The Spartans had a first in the 1,650 Free as Brittany Bayes took the distance event with a time of 17:56.53. She would later win her second event of the day with a 5:14.03 in the 500 Free.
• Izzy Spalding won the 200 Fly with a time of 2:10.73.
• The 50 Free was championed by Barton as her time of 24.28 was the fastest.
• UT's Ali Lombardi was clocked at 2:25.69 in a first-place finish in the 200 Breast.
• After winning a relay race, Long took first in the 100 Fly with a time of 59.66. She was followed by teammates Spalding (1:00.66) and Victoria Horsman (1:01.48). Long would also win the next race, taking the 200 IM in 2:12.36. Street (2:13.23) and Eleanor Johnson (2:19.42) made it three Spartans in the top three.
The Spartans head home to host Saint Leo University in their final home meet of the 2016-17 season. The 3 p.m. meet will be live on TampaSpartans.tv and the Meet Mobile app.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.