BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams competed in day one of the 2017 NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving Championships.
The Spartan men concluded the day at No. 23 with nine points, while the women are No. 24 with four points.
UT Men's Highlights
- In the 1,000 Free, Tommy Reminger finished 22nd as his time was 9:22.67.
- Martin Hammer won the consolation 50 Free, being clocked at 19.87 to finish ninth overall.
UT Women's Highlights
- Brittany Bayes competed in the 1,000 Free, finishing 28th with a time of 10:16.50.
- The 200 IM included McKenzie Street, who was 15th overall with a time of 2:03.98.
- Senior Marisa Barton placed 15th in the 50 Free with a time of 23.58.
Tampa has yet to register an individual All-American at the 2017 Championships.
- Queens (N.C.) is first among men's teams with 142 points.
- Drury is the top women's team with 104 points.