TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 14 University of Tampa women's swimming team continued its excellent start to 2017-18 with a victory over Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Tampa took first-place in nine of the 10 individual men's races.
- Among UT's victories were a pair of wins in the two relay events.
- Tampa took the top spot in the 400 Medley Relay, with a time of 3:56.94 coming from the team of Hana van Loock, McKenzie Street, Sophie Long and Megan Waddell.
- Ali Lombardi claimed first in the 1,000 Free with a time of 10:48.56 and the 200 Breast in2:25.95.
- The 200 Free went to van Loock, who was timed at 1:53.65. She also championed the 100 Free in 51.66.
- Winning the 50 Free was Waddell with a time of 23.96.
- Francesca Rusca was the fastest in the 400 IM with a time of 4:41.76 and the 200 Back in 2:09.29.
- Jessie Tobin was victorious in the 500 Free with an effort of 5:09.55.
- The Spartans concluded the meet with a first in the 400 Free Relay. The team of Waddell, Gabbie Gauntt, Courtney Markle and Long were clocked at 3:35:13.
Tampa travels to Florida Southern on Friday for a Sunshine State Conference matchup at 6 p.m., in Lakeland.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.