ST. LEO, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams completed their regular season at Saint Leo University on Friday afternoon, with UT's women picking up another victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Final: Saint Leo Lions 149, No. 17 Tampa Spartans 113
Women's Final: No. 5 Tampa Spartans 156, Saint Leo Lions 106
Location: Marion Bowman Aquatics Center| St. Leo, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The meet totaled 28 events, including 14 for the men and 14 for the women.
- Tampa's women took first in seven races
- The Spartan men took three first-place finishes.
TOP PERFORMERS (MEN):
- Brett Saunders was the fastest finisher in the 200 Back at 1:52.73. He also won the 200 IM in 1:55.23.
- The 200 Breast went to UT's Austin Simpson, who was clocked at 2:13.35.
TOP PERFORMERS (WOMEN):
- Tampa's first victory came from Maureen Moore in the 1,000 Free with a time of 10:22.75.
- Senior Sophie Long won the 200 Free in 1:56.07.
- McKenzie Street won the 100 Breast in 1:08.47 and the 200 Breast in 2:28.90.
- Freshman Hana van Loock championed the 100 Free at 52.36.
- Tampa took the top three spots in the 500 Free, led by Brittany Bayes 5:11.71 finish. Jessie Tobin and Gabbie Gauntt followed.
- UT concluded the race with a top spot in the 400 Free Relay. A time of 3:32.21 was logged by van Loock, Megan Waddell, Long and Katie Bayes.
Tampa turns its focus to the 2017 Sunshine State Conference Championships, which is scheduled for February 22-25 at the Clearwater Aquatic Center.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.