CLEARWATER, Fla. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams established several new school records at the mid-way point of the 2018 Sunshine State Conference Championships.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Standings: Tampa, 4th, 272 points
Men's Leader: Nova Southeastern, 440 points
Women's Standings: Tampa, 2nd, 372.5 points
Women's Leader: Nova Southeastern, 496.5 points
Location: Doyle Aquatic Center at the Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
- The Spartans set a school record in the 200 Medley Relay on day one with a time of 1:42.32 from Katie Bayes, McKenzie Street, Molly O'Hara and Megan Waddell.
- Tampa also set a school-best in the 200 Free Relay as Waddell, Gabbie Gauntt, K. Bayes and O'Hara finished in 1:32.17.
- O'Hara also notched a school record on Friday in the 100 Fly with a time of 54.86.
- Cameron Newton notched a 200 Free showing of 1:37.53 to move atop the UT records book.
- UT's women set the fifth school record through two days with a 3:46.41 in the 400 Medley Relay from Hana van Loock, Street, Sophie Long and Gauntt.
DAY ONE MEDALISTS:
- Street, 200 IM, 2nd, 2:03.11 (NCAA B)
- K. Bayes, Street, O'Hara, Waddell, 200 Medley Relay, 3rd, 1:42.32 (NCAA PROV)
DAY TWO MEDALISTS:
- Waddell, Gaunt, K. Bayes, O'Hara, 200 Free Relay, 2nd, 1:32.17 (NCAA PROV)
- O'Hara, 100 Fly, 2nd, 54.86 (NCAA B)
- van Loock, 200 Free, 2nd, 1:49.49 (NCAA B)
- Newton, 200 Free, 2nd, 1:37.52 (NCAA B)
- van Loock, Street, Long, Gauntt, 400 Medley Relay, 3rd, 3:46.41 (NCAA PROV)
Saturday's action will include the 500 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 200 Fly, 100 Back and the 800 Free Relay. The prelims are set for 10 a.m., with the finals at 6 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.