GREENSBORO, N.C. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams completed the four-day 2018 NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving Championships, notching three All-American relay efforts among its many highlights.
The Spartan women concluded the championships at No. 12 with 122 points, while the men sit at No. 24 with 30 points.
UT Men's Highlights
- Daniel Jacob was 32nd in the 100 Free with a time of 45.15.
- Brett Saunders finished sixth in the consolation final of the 200 Back with a time of 1:47.56.
- UT was 13th in the 400 Free Relay with a time of 2:59.91 from Jacob, Cameron Newton, Forrest Lundy and Marc Caron.
UT Women's Highlights
- Senior Brittany Bayes was 19th overall in the 1,650 Free with a time of 17:14.61. Teammate Jessie Tobin was 30th at 17:28.87.
- Hana van Loock was fourth in the consolation final of the 100 Free after being timed at 50.56. Megan Waddell was 29th in the race at 51.27 as Molly O'Hara was 35th at 51.51. Gabbie Gauntt was 41st at 51.66.
- McKenzie Street was eighth in the 200 Breast consolation final after being clocked at 2:18.87.
- The 400 Free Relay Team of Waddell, van Loock, Sophie Long and O'Hara earned All-American honors with a fifth-place finish and time of 3:22.82.
- Queens (N.C.) won the men's team national championship with 558 points.
- Queens (N.C.) won the women's team national championship with 574.5 points.