INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams were both well-represented on day one of the NCAA Division II Swimming Championships at the IU Natatorium on the campus of IUPUI.
The Spartan women concluded the day at No. 7 with 38 points, while the men sit at No. 20 with 10 points.
Top UT Men's Performers
- Junior Brett Saunders earned honorable mention All-American honors with an 11th-place finish in the 200 IM with a time of 1:48.19.
- The 200 Medley Relay group of Luke Hene, Marvin Slanschek, Andre Richardson and Aaron James swam to honorable mention All-American honors with a 15th place finish of 1:29.38.
Top UT Women's Performers
- In the 50 Free, Elizaveta Bazarova finished 11th to record honorable mention All-American laurels as she finished just seconds away from a UT school record at 23.28.
- UT captured a third-place finish in the 200 Medley Relay, which was also a new school record time of 1:41.44 from Courtney Sherwood, Elizaveta Bazarova, Molly O'Hara and Megan Waddell.
- Sherwood, Bazarova, O'Hara and Waddell in the 200 Medley Relay.
- Queens (N.C.) is first among men's teams with 165 points.
- Queens (N.C.) is the top women's team with 161 points.