INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams were both well-represented on day three of four of the NCAA Division II Swimming Championships at the IU Natatorium on the campus of IUPUI.
The Spartan women concluded the day at No. 6 with 147 total points, while the men sit at No. 16 with 73 total points.
Top UT Men's Performers
- Brian Valedon became an All-American with a 1:48.55 seventh-place finish in the 200 Fly.
- The Spartan men broke a school record with a fifth-place All-American finish in the 800 Free Relay. The team of Forrest Lundy, Cameron Newton, Yannick Smith and Brett Saunders set the new school mark with a showing of 6:33.09.
Top UT Women's Performers
- Freshman Courtney Sherwood continued her success with another All-American effort, this time with a seventh-place finish in the 200 Fly.
- Valedon in the 200 Fly.
- Lundy, Newton, Smith and Saunders in the 800 Free Relay.
- Sherwood in the 200 Fly.
- Queens (N.C.) is first among men's teams with 450 points.
- Queens (N.C.) is the top women's team with 497 points.