TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa tennis team won its third straight match with a victory over visiting Augustana (S.D.) University.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa Spartans 7, Augustana (S.D.) Vikings 2
Records: Tampa (8-4), Augustana (12-2)
Location: Naimoli & Young Family Tennis Complex | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa has won both matchups against Augustana with the other coming on an 8-1 victory in 2008.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
- Tampa won all three doubles matches.
- Tampa took four singles matches, winning at two through five.
- Danielle Beyes and Corbin Dorsey won at number one doubles by a score of 8-6.
- At number two doubles, Maddie Stephens and Vanina Iordanova were victorious 8-2.
- The three team of Lilley Nice and Emily Hewland won 9-7.
- Stephens took a three-set victory at number two singles.
- Iordanova, Nice and Dorsey also played to victories in singles.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Both teams are regionally-ranked, with UT No. 9 and Augustana No. 10 in their respective regions.
- Tampa has now won three consecutive matches.
- The Spartans matched last season's win total with six regular-season contests remaining.
The Spartans travel to Orlando on Saturday for a neutral-site matchup with West Virginia State University at 11:30 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.