TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa track teams hosted the annual UT Track Invite on Friday.
- The 400 Meter Hurdles included one Spartan as William Campos was fourth with a mark of 1:01.10.
- A pair of Spartans were in the top three of the 1,500 as Lars Benner was second with a time of 4:05.17. Teammate Joey Maus was third at 4:06.59.
- A pair of UT seniors led the way for the Spartans in the 800 as Jessie Boria was sixth at 1:59.06. Benner was seventh as his time was 2:00.16.
- The Spartan men were third in the 4x100 Meter Relay as they were clocked at 45.33.
- Lauren Wong was the lone Spartan in the 400 Meter Hurdles, finishing fourth with a time of 1:11.72.
- Freshman Lexi Bible was second in the 1,500 as she was timed at 4:57.62. Mollie Pierson was also in the top five as she registered a fifth-place time of 5:01.46.
- Sprinter Kristin Steede was second overall in the 400 with a time of 1:01.13.
- Senior Claudia Cancello was fourth in the 5,000 with a time of 18:36.68. Thea Ramsey was fifth as she was clocked at 18:43.81.
- Faith Taylor turned in a third-place finish in the 200 Meter Dash as she finished the race in 26.12.
- Bible also led all Spartans in the 800 as her time of 2:29.51 was good for a seventh-place finish.
- Tampa's women were third in the 4x100 Meter Relay with a time of 52.37.
- The Spartans entered a pair of relay teams in the 4x400, finishing second (4:14.84) and fourth (4:24.55) overall.
Tampa returns to action on Friday, March 17 at the USF Open on the campus of the University of South Florida.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.