DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa track teams opened the 2018 season at a meet hosted by NCAA Division II foe Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: ERAU Track Complex | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Host Institution: Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
- Freshman Dalton Morley turned in a fourth-place finish in the 800 Meters in 1:53.8.
- Brice Easton finished seventh in the 1-Mile Run with a time of 4:46.55.
- A pair of Spartans were in the top-10 in the 3,000 Meters with Tyler Roberts finishing sixth at 8:56.81 and Stone Malick ninth at 8:59.62.
- Tampa's 4x400 Meter Relay team established a new school record with a time of 3:26.89 in a fifth-place finish.
- The Spartans were second in the 4,000 Meter DMR in 11:19.38.
- In the 60 Meter Race, Kacie Lonsdale was ninth with a time of 8.24.
- Kei Riley was 10th with a time of 1:03.80 in the 400 Meters.
- A fifth-place effort was recorded by Kamran Burns after being clocked at 1:48.82 in the 600 Meters.
- Shannon Irwin was timed at 2:24.78 in an eighth-place effort in the 800 Meters.
- Senior Kayla Sullivan was fifth in the 1,000 Meters in 3:11.84. She was the first of four Spartans in the race.
- A second-place finish was registered by Lexi Bible in the 1-Mile Run with a time of 5:20.84. Teammate Corinne Fanta was seventh with a time of 5:31.55.
- Three UT runners were in the 3,000 Meter top-10 in Zoe Jarvis (third, 10:12.69), Sydney Rhodes (fifth, 10:18.36) and Monika Brill (ninth, 10:41.97).
- Clare McMahon was sixth in the 5,000 Meters at 19:50.13 while Gabriella Orlando was ninth at 20:18.72.
- Tampa took first and second place in the 4,000 Meter DMR with times of 12:48.05 and 12:50.10 from its A and B teams.
The Spartans will compete at the Gasparilla 15K on Saturday in Tampa.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.